Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Beauty of Music.

I love it when songs have meaningful lyrics that anyone can connect to. Songs are one way allowing people to connect emotionally through music. Music is something that I will never be able to fully comprehend, but I love it to death and I'm passionate about it. Isnt' that what really matters?

I look up to Louise Armstrong, Yiruma, Jennifer Koh, & John Mayer. They're all known for the insight and appreciation they bring to their interpretations of both well-known and beautiful compositions. They convey a passion that is rare, or at least rarely so freely demonstrated.

Music will be something that'll constantly surround my life. Something that I will never get tired of or forget. I want music to be passed down generation to generation in my family. Over the course of my life, I've had experience with several instruments. Trying this out, testing that out, and eventually quitting things, I've learned to stick with my commitments that I'm most passionate and drop the unneccessary things. I've played the violin, piano, alto saxophone, clarinet, and the electric guitar and I have to say, I've not enjoyed playing every single one of them. Piano is my specialty when it comes to music even though I've had more experience and skill with the violin, and then comes the violin. Piano is my specialty because I have a stronger passion for it than the violin. Anyways, I don't know which instrument I'm better at, at the moment. The alto saxophone & the clarinet were fun at first, but I discovered later on that it wasn’t for me. I'm still living life, and someday I want to eventually go back to the electric guitar. Currently I'm learning how to play the drums because my little brother is helping me and I don't know if it'll be another musical interest but for now, I'm sure that I'm having fun with it. And of course, like everyone I sing in the shower and I must say... singing is quite fun. Even though I don't know how I sound exactly, I'm pretty sure I sound horrible (like a typical asian). Music allows me to escape reality, and fall into another world where I can allow my emotions to cut loose. I don't think I can ever fully describe my love for music, since it's taught so many things. Because of music, it's allowed me to see things in a different perspective, appreciate things more, and make me into a better person. Without music, I wouldn't have been the person I am today.

The sound of music fills me when I'm empty, and gives me a sudden rush of warmth. I feel so happy, and uplifted. When I've felt lonely, upset, or stressed… music allowed me to vent and pour out my heart. It's been there to help me erase all fears, and disperse negativity. Music gives me a breath of fresh air, and I don't know anyone or anything that can provide me with the same amazement.

I want to do a lot of things with music. I love it how music can be combined with all my passions, having the potential to be appreciated. I want to play music and allow others to step into my world of how I see things, and how I feel at the moment. When I play music, I want others to feel something they could never understand in real life, something that can only be experienced through the soft hitting of piano keys, or the vocals of a singer. Music is just so amazing, and without it... life wouldn't ever be the same.

No comments: