Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

Can you believe it's 2009 already? Wow.... and I remember back in the young days when i thought 2006 was far away. Time is such a scary thing.

Well, I just came back from church and I can't describe how happy I feel. It's an indescribable feeling indeed. I feel revived, and as I slowly reflected upon the past year 2008 during sermon.... all my regrets, biggest mistakes, and consequences just hit me hard right at the moment. I realized what I should do differently this year, and I made new goals/resolutions not just based on my mistakes, but also to make me a better person. My resolutions are all inside my head, and I don't think I could type them all down here.

As each year passes by, I want to improve myself not only as a better daughter, sister, or friend... but overall as a human being. I want to be able to understand and be more empathic about others, all around the world. I felt terribly guilty about taking so many things for granted my whole life, when there are millions of innocent lives slowly being taken away because no one reaches out to them. This is also a reason why I decided not to ask for any Christmas presents.

Anyways, it's a New Year and I'm all up for it. By going going to church today [like I do every New Years eve for the count down of New Years].... I've learned something new. I feel more positive, and I have a new outlook on life in general.

I hope to have the same positive attitude wherever I go, and whenever. You only live life once, and 2009 will be nothing but the past you can reflect on later on. So I'm going to make the effort to make this year not just a time for strict improvement, but also to make it the most memorable... because that's how life should be lived everyday.

Happy New years everyone,

& God Bless You!

No comments: