Saturday, March 7, 2009

Evaluation on Math.

Summary:
Math is something that will always be used everywhere we go. Without the use of math, we wouldn't have buildings, computers, and technology. If you look up the word "math" in dictionary.com it says: the systematic treatment of magnitude, relationships between figures and forms, and relations between quantities expressed symbolically. On the other hand, I've go to say that I personally hate math. It's my least favorite subject in school, but the class can be pretty fun at times. Maybe it's because I'm more of an "artsy" person. I tend to fall into the category of liberal arts, fine arts, that kind of genre you know? Well, I've always hating having to deal with strict guidelines, rules, and logical reasoning, especially when it comes to work. I would get confused, and my brain would hurt every time I would see the numbers, letters, and symbols all squished together. But even though math is such a pain, it really is helpful and without it, our world would be completely different. Math is something that will constantly be used in real-life and bring great changes, so instead of complaining like I am right now.... you should appreciate the benefits it brings to our world. *Haha. I still appreciate math though, believe me.

Evaluation:
Why is math so important?
Every fact of life on earth uses mathematics in one manner or another. For instance, when you drive a car, you are computing your speed and how many miles you have gone. Balancing your checkbook also uses math. Even musicians use math when playing their instruments.
Besides just that, math is needed in nearly every job from a high school summer job such as a cashier to an architect, math skills are always needed. Any job or employer prefers an employee who knows math well and is skilled at most aspects of math. Math is prominent in all aspects of life.

Although math may not always be the easiest, or most enjoyable subject, it's essential that you have the skills of problem solving and logical reasoning with you, because math will always be used in the world. It's funny how I dislike math with a passion, when I'm in a double accelerated Alg. 3 & 4 class. But, I guess it all depends on the individual's personality and their likes.

Anyways, my point is that math is a widely used subject in the world, and is very important in a student's education and future jobs.

No comments: