Monday, September 29, 2008

View of High School so Far

Esther Yang
9/29/08
Period 3: English
9:08 PM

High School does not seem that challenging as I thought it was. Although there are more responsibilities, expectations, and new things to do, I don't feel nervous, or freaked out. I feel optimistic about high school. Although high school is much bigger, and the age range is huge, I feel very happy to finally be a freshman. All my teachers are very intelligent, and they seem to know what they're doing. I like them all, and I hope that the students and the teachers in KMTA will grow closer as a family [like how it was in Kent Technology Academy].
There are many things to worry about in high school. Your grades, Culminating project, SAT, extracurricular activities, your family, and your social life. Listing all these things that need to be covered seem overwhelming, but I believe I have a firm grip of what is going on in 9th grade, so I feel secure of where I am. I'm just relieved that I'm not stressing about every little thing that is happening high school.
I have already made many new friends, and have found old friends that I lost touch in middle school. High school has given me many new opportunities to great places, and I love that. I'm on good terms with everyone, and I feel so thankful to have another fresh start.
My goals for high school are to achieve all my classes and get a 4.0 average, continue to do several benefitial extracurricular activities, and read more so I can expand my vocabulary.
High school is very exciting and challenging but I'm all up for it, and I hope I will have the same positive attitude throughout the whole year!

2 comments:

J.Wu said...

I feel the same way you do, Esther. I am glad that highschool doesn't stress you out like in 7th grade. Looking forward to reading more blogs from you.

Here's mine: www.iswampastthisblog.blogspot.com

Royal Volleyballer said...

Wow, Esther! I really like what you wrote and completely agree on what you wrote on the goals and well... everything! I am kind of stressed though because of homework and like too many activities, but in the long run it will pay off. Hope to read some more blogs soon! This one was great! =)