Saturday, April 18, 2009

Evaluation on the song Spring Time

Summary:
The song Spring Time by the korean pianist, Yiruma, is a mellow, sad, yet peaceful song to the ears. When you listen to it, it instantly warms your heart, and wants you to close your eyes to think of all the past pretty memories you had in your life. Well, at least that's how it's like for me. I'm not sure, but I think this song was in a korean drama as well, because several of Yiruma's songs are used in asian dramas. In this song, the melody starts out at an alto pitch, and as the climax of the song gets nearer, the the pitches get higher and more chords are heard throughout the piece. This song is not very dramatic, but more of a song you can listen to when you can't go to sleep.

Evaluation:
I would give this song 5 out of 5 stars. I've always loved Yiruma's songs because they're so peaceful, and passionate. Just listening to each of his songs warm my heart! Definitely, Spring Time is one of my all-time favorites. This piece isn't too fast, or too slow. The speed, pitches, and everything is just perfect [at least in my opinion.] I know that whenever I need to clear my mind, or just relax... I can always listen to this song and feel at peace. Although Spring Time sounds very mellow and sad in some ways, it also brings a sense of hope, and a "new beginning." Especially the part after you finish listening to the climax. It's just like a breath of fresh air.

Overall, it's kind of hard trying to describe this song, because really... it can bring different emotions and feelings for everyone. It all depends on the way you take this song, and what your situation is. Good thing is, Spring Time is a song you can listen to any time regardless of the situation, or mood. The main reason I listen to this song is because it's calming, and meaningful. Five stars!

No comments: